Good Things

I just thought I'd share a good thing with you. I was really pleased to be the featured "Meet the Maker" in Frankly Magazine this week. In all honesty, it took a while for me to get the photographs together and answer Emily Barnes' patient questions. The delay was all on my part and I was wondering why this was. I think it's an uncomfortable thing for an artist to put themselves out there. Mostly I work alone in my workshop and, of course, all my creative stuff is in my head and I'm not sure it's all suitable for sharing. I express myself through my work I work hard to create a perfect finished piece. This piece of jewellery is now ready for someone else to wear and add meaning to. It is no longer mine. So, it's more than a little bemusing when people want to know about the real me and my processes. So, yeah, I am always hesitant about answering questions and a little worried about the reaction I'll get. I shouldn't be because I've been featured in a lot of lovely places and every single response has been interesting and kind and a huge boost to my creative self-esteem. So, if you are lucky enough to be interviewed about your work, I'd say, put way your doubts, share your processes and your creative stuff. Go on, dare you! If you'd ike to read the Frankly feature you can find it here

Comments

Popular Posts