Charm Swap - Oh yes please!

22 silver lilies
The etsymetal team, as I've probably told you already,  is a pretty close-knit group of international metalsmiths with a healthy obsession with metal and we like to share. So, twice a year we hold  a charm swap. We each make 22 charms,  donate 2 to raise money for the team and charity and exchange all the others.

I've been involved in 2 previous swaps and have a glorious collection of 40 charms. They are very diverse, original and fabulous.


pierced and textured
The latest swap - Charm Swap 7 - is coming to it's usual frantic end as everyone tries to hit the posting deadline and, um, well, some of us miss it. Still they are all made and wrapped and ready to go now, just a teensy bit late.








checking the shape





I chose to make these little calla lilies. 
Originally designed for a friend I was so delighted by their graceful curves, I thought I'd make some more. 

The silver needed to be well annealed to shape each flower with pliers and then, of course, they marked really easily  so a gentle touch was needed. The loop is also the stamen and is soldered into place. 






Once cleaned and polished I gave the inside a brushed finish with a fibre glass brush - I wore gloves because I always get the bristles stuck in my fingers and they seem to stick there for days.

I can't wait to receive my box of magical charms . In the meantime, please, have a look at the etsymetal shop to see some  more and share the magic.

Comments

Popular Posts