The hullaballoo is over

Memento silver and gold brooches
Now the hullaballoo of the end of course exhibition is over I can look back at my City and Guilds Design and Craft course through a pair of rose tinted, funky spectacles. 
All that drawing-painting-printing-sketching-cutting-sticking-piercing-filing-soldering-pickling-enamelling-etching-gilding-polishing and polishing and polishing seems worth it, after all.
Africa Rings in silver and copper
Recycled fabric necklace
It was such a luxury to take 6 weeks at a time to develop a new design, 2 whole hours every Monday to concentrate on artwork and all afternoon in the workshop where I got to try out new techniques with expert advice(thanks Mel Sproat) and a group of like-minded jewellery obsessives.
Script silver necklace
I recall moaning a lot and really struggling at times, but I have to admit, I enjoyed the agony of it all and I'd recommend this practical design course to anyone. I'd like to share these pictures of some of the pieces I produced from such diverse themes as Africa, mechanical, script and memento. 

Comments

  1. Have enjoyed seeing what came of your course, such beautiful and interesting work! Hope you enjoy the next 6 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! I love your work!
    I work also with resins and silver.

    I like to have found your blog, it's very interesting.I will visit you often.

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done you! I've really enjoyed following your jewellery making adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts